Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mark Robbins-Penniman

I think that my favorite video was the third one, which was all about tagging. I think that videos like this really allow students to be proud of their creativity. By creating the video of his work and having it posted to a public viewing site it acknowledges that Kayne’s graffiti is legitimate and worthy of noting. I think this would be more along the effect of what I would use in my classroom. Having students do videocasts that recognize their abilities is something I think would really get them engaged in the activity. I think the only thing I would change is that the video would be more focused on the students’ writing.

Concerning all of these videos, I think that it is important to recognize that they all show different things student videos can do, and also that these are not the only ways that video casting can be useful in the classroom. Just like there are numerous writing and reading activities, there are many ways that video casting can be used (I’m guessing that we haven’t even seen scratched the surface). I think what this shows us is that we as teachers need to keep looking for new ways to use these technologies for our students so that they have the opportunity to perform dynamic and useful classroom activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment