Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Well, I, too, enjoyed the little boy who interviewed the president. It was very cute and entertaining. However, I think that from an academic perspective, it wasn't particularly successful because it didn't really teach much- although it did make that boy's day! I also thought that capturing the history project was nice because it was a way for a student to publish his work, but it was hard to read the project and take anything away from it. So, I would have to say that the podcast about graffiti was the best because I actually learned a lot from it.

I think that the purpose of a podcast for students should include three things: entertainment, publication of student work, and new information. The graffiti video captured all three. It was easy to follow, entertaining, and taught a lot about a new topic. Also, it was a way for a student to teach about something he knows. He was able to take something from pop culture that is often seen as vandalization, and make it into a professional informative presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment